Terms, Conditions & GDPR Policy
AGREEMENT WITH THE CLIENT AND ISLAND SCHOOL OF YOGA
COACHING / TEACHING AGREEMENT AND GDPR POLICY
This Coaching / Teaching Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into between Island School of Yoga Ltd (the “Coach”, “Teacher” or “Company”) and (“YOU” or “Client”) for the purpose of Company providing professional and personal development and coaching services to YOU in an effort to achieve your goals. The parties together are hereinafter known as the “Parties”.
In consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements contained herein, the Parties agree as follows:
Description of Coaching / Teaching: Coaching / Teaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Teacher and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the Client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation / development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy / plan for achieving those goals. The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
1. Agree to be Bound. By signing this agreement YOU acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, which includes keeping commitments and being on time for sessions.
2. Authorization of Payment. By making your initial payment and / or by signing below, you authorise the Company to charge your credit card, cash your cheque, or initiate payment via Stripe or that it is your responsibility to set up a direct debit on 1st of each month. You represent to the Company that payment of your fee will not place a significant financial burden on you or your family. You are responsible for payment of the entire fee amount, which is £XXXX, paid in full or paid in monthly instalments of £XXX on 1st of every month for X months. This amount will be paid regardless of whether you attend all sessions, and regardless of whether you have selected a pay in full or monthly payment plan. By signing the agreement you agree that, if, for any reason, you choose to cancel any part of the Services you are obligated to pay or continue to pay whatever balance is due. To further clarify, no refunds will be issued, and all scheduled payments must be paid on a timely basis.
3. Termination for Unprofessionalism. We are committed to providing you with a positive and productive experience. By signing below, you agree that the Company, at its sole discretion, may limit, suspend, or terminate your right to participate in the program without forgiveness of any remaining monthly payments if you become disruptive or difficult to work with, fail to follow program guidelines.
4. Cancellation. Teacher has a 48-hour cancellation policy, which means Client may cancel or reschedule, but Client MUST notify Coach no later than 48 hours prior to scheduled consultation. If Client misses Client’s scheduled and predetermined Teaching Session, or is late for the Teaching Session, Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting. If the meeting cannot be rescheduled that coaching session will be forfeit. Client also understands that any / all scheduled coaching calls, retreat days or other benefits expire at the end of the Commitment Period and will not be carried-over. It is important to note that your benefits MUST be used during the Commitment Period.
5. Confidentiality. As your Teacher I respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of others. You agree not to violate the publicity or privacy rights of any third party, including the Teacher. Further, we respect your confidential and proprietary information, which is any information you specifically state is “Confidential.” The material used in coaching calls or through a coaching program must not be shared with others.
6. No Guarantees. Company has made every effort to accurately represent the benefits you will receive through coaching. That being said, there are no guarantees regarding any result or benefit to be received by. The testimonials and examples used are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual’s success depends on many factors, including but not limited to, his or her background, dedication, starting point in their business, desire and motivation.
7. Disclaimer. Company is a coach and not qualified to provide legal, tax, accounting, or financial wealth management advice. It is your responsibility to secure assistance from the appropriately qualified professional if such advice is needed.
8. Governing Law. This Agreement and performance hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
9. Force Majeure. Except for an obligation to pay fees, neither party shall be liable for failure to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement during any period in which such party cannot perform due to matters beyond their control, including, but not limited to, strike, fire, flood, or other natural disaster, war embargo, or riot, cyber-attack, sickness, provided that the delayed immediately notifies the other party of such delay. The terms of this clause shall not exempt the parties from their obligations hereunder, but merely suspend their duty to perform, until the force majeure condition ceases to exist.
10. No Partnership. Nothing in this Agreement is meant to suggest a partnership, venture alliance, security interest, or employer relationship.
11. Waiver. The waiver or failure of Company to exercise any obligation under this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any further right.
12. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, it is to that extent to be deemed modified in order to comply with applicable law, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected in any way
13. Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement and understanding between the Parties and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding whether oral or written relating to this Agreement.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase a course from us, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our school, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent? When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent? If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com .
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 4 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***The Term of the Agreement is considered effective from the date of first payment for the online courses, programmes, packages, and payment plans. The duration of the Agreement is that which is advertised on the appropriate course, programme or package web page and corresponding payment form.
and on behalf of Island School of Yoga Ltd.